I saw a few Plurk friends starting their own “Project 365” on New Year’s Day, and I figured I’d start my own, too. In case you haven’t heard of it yet, it’s basically just a project where you take one shot per day, for an entire year. I actually tried doing something like this in RL a few years back and it’s pretty difficult to keep up with; I gave up roughly 30 days into it. 😛 I think it’ll be easier to stick to in SL.
I’d originally intended for my entire 365 to be comprised of purely in-world, unprocessed shots… but I eventually yielded to the desire to retouch some sharp avatar corners when I took my latest picture with my prim baby, lol. Anyway, here are the first five days’ worth of shots I’ve taken:
001. Checking out some neat driftwood at G-Field.
002. Working at LAQ is a huge, huge part of my SLife. I’ve been working here for over two years, from when it was originally called RaC.
Handing in my work application to Mallory and Winter was one of the best SL decisions I’ve ever made. 🙂 They’re among the nicest people I know of in SL and they’ve done so much for me, I don’t think I could ever really repay their kindness.
003. One of the best parts of my SL is my partner, Carson Koenkamp. ❤
Who knew that the random guy I decided to say ‘hello’ to almost three years ago at Mill Pond would turn out to be one of my best friends? Grabbed this shot while we were hanging out in our sweet little home in the sky this evening.
004. Running through the jungle.
I was taking pics with my friend Vivi in some of the Costa Rica sims. We recently bought some hot new tribal type outfits from Bare Rose and were taking pics for a blog post. 😀 (I tend to do this a lot xD Take a bunch of shots for a blog post and then end up not posting for maybe a couple of weeks.)
005. Move toward light; Ahern Welcome Area, for the Rashomon Project group. (This is a group started by Queen Coronet that is basically about a bunch of people all depicting the same subject but with their own spin on it. If that sounds like your sort of thing, please join! 🙂 )
I crashed twice while taking shots here; one of my attempts included shadows. I gave up after the second crash and decided to stick with this image ~.~ No post-processing was done on this shot.